'AFRICA' by T. Starling c.1833
A detailed and attractive 19th century miniature map of Africa, with fine original wash colour, which was engraved by Thomas Starling and published in The Royal Cabinet Atlas (London: Bull & Churton, 1833). An interesting feature of the map is that even by the early 19th century, most of Africa was unknown to Europeans.
- This is an original steel engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 14.8cms by 9.5cms (including imprint).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 180 years old.