'AUSTRIA' (including Hungary etc.) by John Tallis / John Rapkin c.1851
A highly decorative and finely engraved mid 19th century map of Austria (including Bohemia) that appeared in John Tallis & co.'s The Illustrated Atlas (London & New York: c.1851)
The Illustrated Atlas, published from 1849 to 1853, was the last decorative world atlas. The Austria map was typical of the many fine ones that appeared in this work with its ornamental border and attractive vignettes. Illustrated are scenes of Vienna, St. Stephen's Cathedral and a rustic one entitled 'Return of the Sennerin'.
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 33.3cms by 25.5cms (including imprint).
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 155 years old.