'BEDFORD' by G. Cole & J. Roper c.1807
An attractive and detailed early 19th century town plan of Bedford, Bedfordshire -- with insets of the 'County Gaol' and 'House of Industry' and a fine vignette view of the Bridge and St. Paul's Church -- which was drawn and engraved by G. Cole and John Roper, respectively, and published in The British Atlas* (London: 1807-1810 Vernor, Hood & Sharpe).
*The British Atlas, comprising of county maps and town plans, was published as a compendium to Britton and Brayley's renowned Beauties of England & Wales.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with fine later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 23.4cms by 18.6cms (including imprint).
- The map is in very good condition with excellent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.