'BELVOIR CASTLE Leicestershire.' by F. W. L. Stockdale / Matthews c.1815
A finely engraved and attractive early 19th century view of Belvoir Castle --the seat of the Duke of Rutland -- which was drawn and engraved by F. W. L. Stockdale and Matthews, respectively, and published in John Britton's The Beauties of England and Wales (London: Vernor & Hood, 1802-1815).
- This is an original copperplate engraving with fine later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 15.4cms by 11.6cms (including title but not imprint).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be nearly 200 years old.