'BERK SHIRE' by Samuel Simpson / Robert Walker c.1746
A detailed and decorative 18th Century map of Berkshire (displaying the heradic shields of both the county and Reading) which appeared in Samuel Simpson's The Agreeable Historian, Or Compleat English Traveller (London: Robert Walker, 1746). The maps from this series were published in only one edition and are rare to find.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 19.5cms by 15.3cms.
- The map is in very good condition with close but adequate margins. There are a couple of minor vertical folds, as issued. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 260 years old.