'BOW & ARROW CASTLE' [Rufus Castle, Dorset] by J. C. Smith / W. Woolnoth c.1808 (Beauties of England & Wales)
A finely engraved and attractive early 19th century view of Rufus Castle, near Portland, Dorsetshire which appeared in John Britton & Edward W. Brayley's The Beauties of England and Wales ( London: Vernor and Hood, 1801-1815).
- This is an original copperplate engraving with fine later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 15.9cms by 11.3cms (including title & imprint).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.