'BUCKINGHAM SHIRE By Robert Morden' (Sutton Nicholls) c.1753
An interesting and attractive map of Buckinghamshire, originally produced by Robert Morden in c.1695 (engraved by Sutton Nicholls), and published in Camden's Britannia (London: Swale, Awnshaw & Churchill, 1695 - 1772). Bishop Gibson described the maps from this series as "much the fairest and most correct of any that have yet appeared".
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 34cms by 41.7cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. There is some very minor offset. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 250 years old.