'CABOOL, THE PUNJAB AND BELOOCHISTAN.' by J. Tallis / J. Rapkin c.1851
A decorative and detailed mid 19th century map of modern day Pakistan, Afghanistan and the Punjab, India which was drawn and engraved by J. Rapkin (vignettes by A. Fussell and J. B. Allen) and published in John Tallis's Illustrated Atlas (London & New York: John Tallis & co, c.1851). The original page of descriptive text which accompanies the map is included.
The Illustrated Atlas, published from 1849 to 1853, was the last decorative world atlas. The 'Cabool, the Punjab and Beloochistan'' map was typical of the many fine ones which appeared in this work with its decorative border and attractive vignettes. Illustrated are views of Lahore, the fortress of Sultan Mahmoud and boats on the Indus.
- This is an original steel engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 33.5cms by 26.5cms.
- The map is in very good condition. The top and bottom margins are close / cropped, as issued. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 165 years old.