'CAERMARTHANSHIRE' (Carmarthanshire) by Leigh / Hall c.1835
A charming and detailed 19th century miniature map of Carmarthanshire (Sir Gaerfyrddin) which was engraved by Sidney Hall* and published in Leigh's New Atlas of England & Wales (London: M. A. Leigh, 1835).
*Sidney Hall (1788-1831) was a popular, prolific and highly skilled British map engraver of the early 19th century -- the period in which Britain led the world in cartography. He is noted for being one of the earliest to successfully make use of steel engraving, a technique which allowed finer detail but more skill on the part of the engraver.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with fine later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 12.4cms by 7.1cms (including imprint).
- The map is in very good condition with adequate margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 175 years old.