'CARLISLE CASTLE CUMBERLAND.' by T. Allom / A. Le Petit c.1845
A finely engraved and attractive early 19th century view of Carlisle Castle, Cumberland (now Cumbria) which was drawn and engraved by Thomas Allom and A. Le Petit, respectively, and published in Thomas Rose's Northern Tourist* (London: Fisher & Co, c.1836 [1845?])
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 15.7cms by 11.4cms (including title and imprint).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 165 years old.
*Originally published in 1832 under the title Westmorland, Cumberland, Durham and Northumberland Illustrated.