'CASTLE - ACRE PRIORY' by Thomas Hearne / W. Byrne / S. Middiman c.1778 / 1786
A finely engraved and attractive late 18th century view of Castle Acre, near Swaffham, Norfolk which was drawn by Thomas Hearne, engraved by William Byrne & S. Middiman and published in The Antiquities of Great Britain, illustrated in View of Monasteries, Castles, and Churches Now Existing. (London: W. Byrne & T. Hearne  1786-1807).
- This is an original copperplate engraving with a delicate later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 25.2cms by 21.2cms (including title & imprint).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.