'Cheshire Drawn from the best Surveys' by Thomas Kitchin c.1786 (ex Boswell atlas)
An attractive and neatly engraved 18th century map of Cheshire, by Thomas Kitchin, which was originally published in the London Magazine (1749) and then later in Henry Boswell's Antiquities of England & Wales (London: A. Hogg, 1786-1798). Thomas Kitchin was one of the most eminent and prolific cartographers in the 18th Century producing many fine atlases.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 22.5cms by 14cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.