'CHESTER CATHEDRAL FROM THE WATER TOWER' by C. Warren / B. Band / B. Winkles c.1836
A finely engraved and attractive early 19th century view of Chester Cathedral and the Water Tower which appeared in [Henry] Winkles's Architectural and Picturesque Illustrations of the Cathedral Churches of England and Wales (London: Effingham Wilson and Charles Tilt, 1836–1842). This work was highly influential in helping to inspire the revival in Gothic architecture in 19th century Britain.
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 14.2cms by 12cms (including title).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 170 years old.