'CHESTER' by Cole & Roper c.1807-1810
An attractive and detailed early 19th century plan of Chester -- with a vignette view of the 'Ancient Towers with part of the Bridge and City Wall' -- which was drawn and engraved by G. Cole and John Roper, respectively, (vignette by G. Webster & J. Storer) and published in The British Atlas* (London: 1807-1810 Vernor, Hood & Sharpe).
*The British Atlas, comprising of county maps and town plans, was published as a compendium to Britton and Brayley's renowned Beauties of England & Wales.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 23.3cms by 18.5cms (including imprint).
- The map is in very good condition with excellent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.