'CHINA.' by Alexander Findlay c.1840
An interesting and detailed 19th century map of China with an attractive border which was drawn and engraved by Alexander Findley and published in A New and Complete System of Universal Geography (London: Thomas Kelly, 1835-1843).
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 24.8cms by 20cms (including imprint).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. There are few minor tears well outside the printed area and a small iron mould mark just in the top border. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 170 years old.