'COCKERMOUTH CASTLE, CUMBERLAND. PLATE I.' by D. L. / Grose c.1775 - 1787
A charming and attractive late 18th century view of Cockermouth Castle, Cumberland -- within a page of descriptive text -- which was engraved by 'D. L.' and published in Francis Grose's The Antiquities of England & Wales (London: S. Hooper, 1772-1787).
- This is an original copperplate engraving (+ letterpress which continues onto the reverse) with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 15.8cms by 21.7cms (including text).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount (window mounted on both sides).
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.