'COLCHESTER' by Cole & Roper c.1807-1810
An attractive and interesting early 19th century town plan of Cochester, Essex -- with a fine vignette view of St. John's Abbey -- which was drawn and engraved by G. Cole and John Roper, respectively, and published in the The British Atlas* (London: Vernor, Hood & Sharpe. 1807-1810).
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 23.3cms by 18.4cms.
- The map is in good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.
*The British Atlas, comprising of county maps and town plans, was published as a compendium to Britton and Brayley's renowned Beauties of England & Wales.