'COMITATUS NOTTINGHA:MIENSIS; Sive NOTTINGHAM SHIRE.' by Jan Jansson c.1646
A very attractive and finely engraved 17th century map of Nottinghamshire which was printed and published by Jan Jansson for his Atlas Novus / Atlas Nouvel (Amsterdam: [French Text Edition] 1646-1656). Jansson was one of the leading Dutch map makers during the period in which the Netherlands led the World in commerce, art, science and especially, cartography.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with fine later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 48.3cms by 37.7cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins, centrefolded as issued. The paper has, as with most Jansson maps, some age toning ( the reverse is more toned due to previous framing). Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 350 years old.