'The Continuation of the Road from LONDON to BARWICK' (Stilton to Tuxford) by Thomas Kitchin c.1767
An attractive and uncommon 18th century road strip map showing the Great North Road from Stilton to Tuxford -- via Stamford, Grantham and Newark -- which was published in The London Magazine (London: 1767/1768). Thomas Kitchin, the engraver, was one of the most renowned and prolific British map makers of the period producing many fine works.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 19.1cms by 10cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for Postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be at least 240 years old.