'CORNWALL Drawn from an ACTUAL SURVEY...' by Thomas Kitchin / Henry Boswell c.1786
An interesting and attractive 18th century map of Cornwall which was engraved by Thomas Kitchin and published in Henry Boswell's Antiquities of England & Wales* (London: Alexander Hogg, 1786 - 1798). Thomas Kitchin (1718-1784) was one of the most eminent and prolific cartographers of the 18th Century producing many fine maps and atlases.
*The maps from this series originally appeared in the London Magazine between 1747 and 1760.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 23cms by 19.9cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.