'THE COUNTIES OF NORTH WALES' / 'THE COUNTIES OF SOUTH WALES' by John Bartholomew F.R.G.S. / Philip & Son c.1882
An interesting late Victorian map of Wales (on two sheets of paper) which was drawn by John Bartholomew and published in Philips' Handy Atlas of the Counties of England (London & Liverpool: George Philip & Son, 1882). A notable feature is the depiction of the extensive railway network running through the principality.
- This is an original 19th century chromolithograph.
- Printed area is approximately 20.3cms by 16cms* for the North Sheet and 21cms by 16.6cms* for the South Sheet (*imprint included).
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 130 years old.