'A COURT AND CLOISTERS IN PEMBROKE COLLEGE.' (Cambridge) by W. Matthison c.1922
An attractive early 20th century process print of the court and cloisters of Pembroke College, Cambridge which appeared in W. Matthison & M. A. R. Tuker's Cambridge (London: A. & C. Black Ltd, 1907-1922).
William Matthison (1853-1926), born in Harborne near Birmingham, was a noted Victorian/Edwardian artist. After having studied at the Birmingham Central School of Art, he became a professional artist in 1875. His artistic style became particularly popular during the Edwardian period, especially with the growth of the picture postcard industry.
- This is an original early 20th century process print.
- Printed area is approximately 14cms by 10.6cms (including title).
- The item is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 90 years old.