'CROXDEN ABBEY, Staffordshire.' by W. Carter / Hay c.1812 ('Beauties of England & Wales')
A finely engraved and attractive early 19th century view of Croxden Abbey, Staffordshire -- 'Showing the remains of the south transept of the Church & part of the Cloisters' -- which appeared in John Britton and Edward Brayley's The Beauties of England and Wales (London: Vernor and Hood, 1801-1815).
- This is an original copperplate engraving with fine later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 15cms by 11.6cms (including title & imprint).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.