'DESTRUCTION OF ELGIN CATHEDRAL.' by T. Allom / R. Sands c/1837
An interesting 19th century view of Elgin Cathedral, Moray, Scotland which was drawn and engraved by Thomas Allom and R. Sands, respectively, and published in William Beattie's Scotland Illustrated (London: Geo Virtue, 1837). The scene depicts the destruction of the Cathedral in 1390 by Lord Alexander Stewart, 'The Wolf of Badenoch'.
- This is an original steel engraving with fine later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 17.3cms by 13.5cms (including title but not imprint).
- The print is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 175 years old.