'DEVONSHIRE' by Joshua Archer c.1850
An attractive and detailed mid 19th century map of Devon which was drawn and engraved by Joshua Archer and published in Thomas Dugdale's Curiosities of Great Britain. England and Wales Delineated (London: L. Tallis, 1850). An interesting feature of maps of this period is the depiction of the newly constructed (or proposed) railways.
- This is an original steel engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 23cms by 18.3cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 170 years old.