'Distant View of Chester.' by J. M. W. Turner and W. Byrne F.S.A c.1810
An attractive early 19th century view of Chester, Cheshire which was drawn and engraved by J. M. W. Turner and W. Byrne F.S.A., respectively, and published in Britannia Depicta (London: W. Byrne, T. Cadell & W. Davies, 1803-1817).
*William Turner is better known as J.M.W. Turner (1775-1851), the renowned 19th century British artist who started his working life as a travelling draughtsman.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 21.2cms by 17.7cms (including title & imprint).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.