'Donnington Castle taken from a Field adjoining the Road to East Ilsley, from Nrebury.' by W. Turner R.A. / W. & L. Byrne c.1805
An attractive early 19th century view of Donnington Castle, Berkshire which was drawn by William Turner R.A.*, engraved by W. & L. Byrne F.S.A., and published in Britannia Depicta (London: W. Byrne, T. Cadell & W. Davies, 1803-1817).
*William Turner is better known as J.M.W. Turner (1775-1851), the renowned 19th century British artist who started his working life as a travelling draughtsman.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 21.8cms by 18.2cms (including title & imprint).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.