'DURHAM.' by Joshua Archer c.1860
An attractive and detailed mid 19th century map of Durham -- with insets of its exclaves -- which was drawn and engraved by Joshua Archer and published in Thomas Dugdale's Curiosities of Great Britain. England and Wales Delineated (London: L. Tallis, 1860). An interesting feature of maps of the period is the depiction of the newly constructed (or proposed) railways.
- This is an original steel engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 23.4cms by 16.2cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 160 years old.