'EAST CANADA AND NEW BRUNSWICK.' by J. Rapkin / John Tallis & co. c.1860
A decorative and detailed mid 19th century map of Eastern Canada (Southern Quebec and New Brunswick) which was drawn and engraved by J. Rapkin (vignettes by H. Warren and J. B. Allen) and published in John Tallis's Illustrated Atlas (London, Edinburgh & Dublin: J. & F. Tallis, c.1853)
The Illustrated Atlas, published from 1849 onwards, was the last decorative world atlas. The 'East Canada' map was typical of the many fine ones which appeared in this work with its decorative border and attractive vignettes. Illustrated is a fine view of the City of Quebec, as seen from the St. Lawrence River, and one of 'North American Indians' (Native Americans).
- This is an original steel engraving with original (map outline) & later (vignettes and border) hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 33.7cms by 25.5cms (not including imprint).
- The map is in very good condition with adequate margins; centre fold, as issued. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 160 years old.