'ESSEX Drawn from an Accurate Survey By T. Kitchin Geog' c.1786 (ex Boswell Atlas)
An attractive and neatly engraved 18th century Thomas Kitchin map of Essex which appeared in Henry Boswell's Antiquities of England & Wales* (London: A. Hogg, 1786-1798). Thomas Kitchin was one of the most eminent and prolific cartographers in the 18th Century producing many fine maps and atlases.
Originally published in The London Magazine between 1747 and 1760.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 26.8cms by 21.7cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.