'ESSEX.' (with text) by Sidney Hall c.1833
A detailed 19th Century map of Essex, with fine original wash colour, which was engraved by Sydney Hall and published in A New British Atlas (London: Chapman & Hall, 1833/1834). The original page of text which accompanies the map is included.
Sydney Hall (fl. 1818-1860) was a renowned and prolific map engraver at the time when Britain led the world in map making.
- This is an original steel engraving with fine original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 24.5cms by 19.3cms (including imprint).
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for better view
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 180 years old.