'EUROPE ANCIENNE.' by Conrad Malte-Brun c.1812
A very interesting and attractive early 19th century map of Ancient Europe with a decorative title which was published in Conrad Malte-Brun Atlas supplémentaire du Précis de la Géographie Universelle (Paris: Malte-Brun, 1812). The map shows the various ancient tribes of Europe before the Roman Empire including the Celts, Germans, Slavs, Latins and Greeks. Interestingly, the Scots are shown as originally inhabiting Ireland wherea, in northern Germany, we see the Angles and Saxons who would later migrate to Britain and become the English.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 29.6cms by 22.3cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Polic'y for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.