'FINCHALE PRIORY, IN THE BISHOPRICK OF DURHAM.' by F. Grose / S. Sparrow c.1778 - 1787
A charming and attractive late 18th century view of Finchale Priory -- within a double sided page of descriptive text -- which was drawn by Francis Grose, engraved by S. Sparrow and published in [Francis Grose's] The Antiquities of England & Wales (London: S. Hooper, 1772-1787).
- This is an original copperplate engraving with letterpress (which continues onto the reverse) + later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 15.5cms by 20.8cms and 15.4cms by 8.2cms for the front and back pages, respectively.
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount (window mounted on both sides).
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.