'GEOGRAPHICAL AND HISTORICAL MAP OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE.' by C. V. Lavoisne / J. Walker c.1828
Other title: 'Map of ENGLAND, SCOTLAND and IRELAND, indicating the Places rendered Celebrated by Battles or Sieges: Intended for the Elucidation of LAVOISNE'S HISTORICAL ATLAS.'
A fascinating early 19th century map of Great Britain and Ireland, with a vast quantity of statistical information relating to both islands, which was engraved by J. Walker and published in C. V. Lavoisne's Complete Genealogical, Historical, Chronological and Geographical Atlas (London: J. Barfield, 1828). The detailed information relates to a whole array of facts including geography, government & law, religion, military strength, lakes, rivers & canals, mountains & forests and history.
- This is an original copperplate engraving / lithographic transfer (map) and letterpress (text) with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 52.1cms by 41.9cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 185 years old.