'GLOCESTER SHIRE [Gloucestershire] Drawn from the best Authorities' by T. Kitchin c.1786 (ex Boswell Atlas)
An interesting and attractive 18th century map of Gloucestershire which was engraved by Thomas Kitchin and published in Henry Boswell's Antiquities of England & Wales* (London: Alexander Hogg, 1786 - 1798). Thomas Kitchin (1718-1784) was one of the most eminent and prolific cartographers of the 18th Century producing many fine maps and atlases.
*The maps from this series originally appeared in the London Magazine between 1747 and 1760.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 21.8cms by 16.3cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.