'GRANTHAM' (Angel Inn) by T. Allen / W. Bartlett / J. Rogers c.1831
A finely engraved and attractive early 19th century view of the Angel Inn, Grantham, Lincolnshire (generally regarded as the oldest surviving inn in England) which appeared in Thomas Allen's The History of the County of Lincoln (London & Lincoln: John Saunders, 1834). This is an early impression from the plate and is printed on india paper.
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 15.4cms by 12.6cms (including titles & imprint)
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 175 years old.