'HAMP SHIRE' by Robert Morden c.1753
A very attractive map of Hampshire which was originally produced by Robert Morden in c.1695 and published in Camden's Britannia (London: 1695-1772). The maps were described by Bishop Gibson as "much the fairest and most correct of any that have yet appeared". They are also notable for using up to three different mileage scales, none of which were based on the statute mile!
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 42.5cms by 36.2cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 250 years old.