'HEREFORD CATHEDRAL. VIEW FROM THE RIVER.' by B. Bend / B. Winkles c.1836
A finely engraved and attractive 19th century view of Hereford Cathedral from the River Wye which appeared in [Henry] Winkles's architectural and picturesque illustrations of the cathedral churches of England and Wales (London: Effingham Wilson and Charles Tilt, 1836–1842). This work was highly influential in helping to inspire the revival in Gothic architecture in 19th century Britain.
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 14.2cms by 13.1cms (including titles).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 170 years old.