'HERTFORDSHIRE Drawn from an Accurate Survey' by Thomas Kitchin (ex Boswell atlas) c.1786
An interesting and attractive 18th century map of Hertfordshire which was engraved by Thomas Kitchin and published in Henry Boswell's Antiquities of England & Wales* (London: Alexander Hogg, 1786 - 1798). Thomas Kitchin (1718-1784) was one of the most eminent and prolific cartographers of the 18th Century producing many fine maps and atlases.
*Originally published in the London Magazine in 1748.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 22.9cms by 17.8cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.