'Het Graafschap NORTHAMPTON' by Pieter Meijer (after Emanuel Bowen) c.1765
A very attractive and finely engraved 18th Century map of Northamptonshire which was published in the Netherlands for Pieter Meijer's Algemeene Oefenschoole Van Kosten En Weetenschappen (Amsterdam: Pieter Meijer, 1765). This is the rare Dutch version of the map that was produced by Emanuel Bowen for The Natural History of England (1763). Interestingly, there are two mileage scales at the foot of the map showing a Dutch mile to be roughly equivalent to five English miles.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 18cms by 19cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 250 years old.