'An Improved MAP of HERTFORD-SHIRE containing the Borough and Market Towns...' by John Cowley c.1743/45
A rare and attractive 18th Century map of Hertfordshire which first appeared in John Cowley's The Geography of England (London: R. Dodsley, 1741-1744), and then, A New Sett of Pocket Mapps of all the Counties (London: R. Dodsley & M. Cooper, 1745).
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 18.2cms by 12.8cms.
- The map is in very good condition with adequate margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 250 years old.