'KENT Drawn from an ACTUAL SURVEY' by Thomas Kitchin c.1786 (ex Boswell atlas)
An interesting and attractive 18th century map of Kent which was originally engraved by Thomas Kitchin for the London Magazine (in 1749) and then published later in Henry Boswell's Antiquities of England & Wales (London: A. Hogg, 1786-1798). TThomas Kitchin (1718-1784) was one of the most prolific and renowned cartographers of the period producing many fine atlases and maps.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour
- Printed area is approximately 21.9cms by 14.7cms
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.