'KENT Drawn from an ACTUAL SURVEY' by Thomas Kitchin c.1786 (ex Boswell atlas)
An interesting and attractive 18th century map of Kent which was engraved by Thomas Kitchin and published* in Henry Boswell's Antiquities of England & Wales (London: A. Hogg, 1786-1798). TThomas Kitchin (1718-1784) was one of the most prolific and renowned cartographers of the period producing many fine atlases and maps.
*Originally published in the London Magazine in 1749.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour
- Printed area is approximately 22cms by 14.5cms
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.