'THE KINGDOM OF IRELAND by Rob.t Morden.' c.1695-1772
An attractive and detailed map of Ireland which was originally produced by Robert Morden in c.1695 and published in Camden's Britannia (London: Swale, Awnshaw & Churchill, 1695 - 1772). Bishop Gibson described the maps from this series as "much the fairest and most correct of any that have yet appeared". They are also notable for using up to three different mileage scales, none of which are based on the statute mile!
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 34.7cms by 41.8cms.
- The map is in very good condition, central fold, as issued There is some minor offset. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 245 years old