'LA MODE ILLUSTREE' (Plate No. 29) c.1870
A very attractive late 19th century French fashion plate which was drawn by Adele Anais Toudouze, engraved by J. Bonnard and published by La Mode Illustrée (Paris: 1870).
'La Mode Illustrée' was one of the leading French fashion magazines of the late 19th century. It was published weekly and a had a circulation in excess of 20,000 copies per issue. Each copy came with a beautifully hand coloured plate displaying the latest clothing from one of the the leading Parisian fashion houses.
- This is an original steel engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 21.5cms by 30.7cms (including title and imprint).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. There is some light creasing and age toning. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 140 years old.