'LANCASTRIA PALATINATUS Anglia LANCASTER & LANCASHIRE.' by Jan Jansson c.1646
A very attractive, finely engraved and superbly hand coloured 17th century map of Lancashire which was printed and published by Jan Jansson for his Atlas Novus (Amsterdam: [Latin Text Edition] 1646-1659). Jansson was one of the leading Dutch map makers during the period in which the Netherlands led the World in commerce, art, science and especially, cartography.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with fine original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 50.4cms by 37.9cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins; centre fold, as issued. Slight age toning, as with most Jansson maps. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 350 years old.