'LEICESTER SHIRE' ('Miniature Speed') c.1676
An interesting and attractive 17th century map of Leicestershire based on the larger one done by John Speed, hence 'miniature Speed'*.
- Original copperplate engraving with later hand colour
- Printed area is approximately 12.3 cms by 8.5 cms
- The map is in very good condition, there is some minor see through from the text on the verso and there are a couple of light creases. Click on image for better view
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on Delivery Policy for Postage costs
- Guaranteed to be over 300 years old
*Unlike many of the maps in the atlas, this was not engraved by Pieter Van Den Keere but is by an unknown — probably English — engraver.