'LEICESTERSHIRE.' by Gray & Son / A. Fullarton & co. c.1833/1840
An attractive and detailed 19th century map of Leicestershire -- with a decorative vignette of Belvoir Castle -- which was drawn and engraved by Gray & Son and published by Archibald Fullarton & Co. in The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales (London, Edinburgh & Glasgow: 1842-1849). A distinct feature of county maps of this period was the inclusion of the newly built (or proposed) railway lines.
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 24cms by 19.5cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 170 years old.