'LINCOLN CATHEDRAL. WEST FRONT.' by Winkles / Garland / Albutt c.1836
An attractive and finely executed 19th century view of the west front of Lincoln Cathedral which was drawn and engraved by R. Garland and W. E. Albutt, respectively, and published in [Henry] Winkles's architectural and picturesque illustrations of the cathedral churches of England and Wales in 1836. This work was highly influential in helping to inspire the revival in Gothic architecture in 19th century Britain.
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 10.7cms by 16.6cms (including title).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 175 years old.