'LINCOLNE SHIRE' ('Miniature Speed' of Lincolnshire) c.1676
An interesting and attractive 17th century map of Lincolnshire, based on the larger one done by John Speed (hence 'Miniature Speed'), which appeared in England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland... from a Farr Larger Voulume Done by John Speed. (London: 1627-1676). Unlike many of the maps in the atlas, this was not engraved by Pieter Van Den Keere but by by an unknown (probably English) engraver.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 12.5cms by 8.5cms.
- The map is in very good condition. The bottom margin is narrower at 5mm but still mountable without loss. Click on image for better view
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for Postage costs
- Guaranteed to be over 300 years old