'LIVERPOOL FROM THE TOWN-HALL LOOKING SOUTH.' by Harwood / Rogers c.1832
An attractive early 19th century view of Liverpool taken from the Town Hall which was drawn and engraved by Harwood and Rogers, respectively, and published in Lancashire Illustrated (London: Fisher & Co, 1831/1832). An interesting feature is the depiction of the beautiful but now lost St. George's Church which, regrettably, was pulled down in 1897.
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 15.6cms by 11.4cms (including title and imprint).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 175 years old.